Saturday, August 7, 2010

The first day.

Greetings!

Where do I begin?

oh... I know-    I've recently decided to try the Hcg diet.  Many things factored into this decision. Probably the number one reason being my pants are too tight!  :0)  I hope to be brave enough soon give all the details of my past yo-yo dieting and weight loss, but right now I just want to give the details of the day.

So, as I mentioned I decided to try this (new to me) diet. As it turns out, I have two "load-days" before I start the Hcg. These two days I am supposed to basically force feed myself foods high in fat. Dairy, fried food, pizza, etc. I ate very unhealthy today, and still feel like I under performed! Ha!!

I had Cap'n Crunch Berries and 2% milk and a Caramel Frappe for breakfast. Then we enjoyed Cici's Pizza for lunch a few hours later.  Then I went by Braum's and bought 3 pints of chocolate almond ice cream and made myself a cone when I returned home. Why do I feel like I should have eaten more than that?  How many calories is that anyway?!?!?!?!   I suppose it doesn't matter too much, considering Monday I will be limited to 500 calories a day.

Honestly, what I am hoping to gain from this experience is to lose a few pounds and clear my body of the processed foods that I feel I eat way too many of! I will be sharing this experience with you as the days pass.
 I don't know how I feel about posting before and after pictures, But I will leave you today with a starting weight- as I will be weighing daily. I also hope this will help motivate me if I have you all watching!

Starting weight: 186 (I'm 5'9")

Have YOU had an experience with this diet? Please share in the comment section!

Thanks for reading!

Brittany

3 comments:

  1. Hey girl! I did the diet last Thanksgiving for a month and lost 17 pounds. One of our drs is does weight loss and 7 of us got to do it for a month free. He has done this diet in the past at the Broadway Clinic in Edmond where he used to practice. I will tell you that the first 2-3 weeks can be a BITCH! But be sure NOT TO CHEAT during that time because that is a crucial time in the diet. After you go off of it, it is very easy to maintain! Not like the other diets. You have basically trained your body and mind. Just remember DO NOT DO ANY STRENUOUS EXCERCISE!! Just walk 1/2 - mile a day. Don't make your output more than your intake. You already looked great! Text me and give me a fax # and I will fax you a copy of a cook book just for this diet. It has everything in it from appetizers to desserts. Good luck and call me if you need any support! I talk to people everyday about this and see amazing results weekly. Are you doing the pill, liquid, or shot? Also are you going to be doing a super B12 shot weekly? Let me know and good luck!
    April W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive been doing a diet as well. I count calories and sorta follow the slim fast diet. I exercise about 3 times a week, except last week i did everyday! Its very very hard, and you gotta be a very disciplined person. If you have a friend to do it with, it makes it easier, I have my husband who is a workout rat and he keeps me on my toes about eating the right stuff and helping me find stuff that is low in calories. The first 3 weeks were sooooo hard, i wanted to give up and i felt like i was gonna starve to death, now its like week 6 and I feel good! I have not lost any pounds on the scale but im gaining muscle back and my clothes are all fitting looser! Keep it up and blog about it daily, it will help u to keep track and help u stick to the diet. Good luck!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the support ladies!

    April- I will definitely be texting you soon! I am doing the spray...
    I was wondering if I needed to, or even could take a daily supplement? I won't be taking the B12 shot.

    Becky- I'm glad you are doing so well on your fitness journey! It really is a lifestyle change!! I was just talking to my boyfriend how we ALL need to stop eating so many processed foods and empty calories!!

    ReplyDelete